5/6. Nutrition Information - Reversing Ankylosing Spondylitis & Arthritic Problems


http://theonlywayproductions.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/my-nutrition-information-ankylosing.htmlIt's not just fruit and vegetables for better health.... While suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis (A.S), I was desperate to discover what foods would help to reduce pain and inflammation. After considerable and extensive researching, I discovered the right nutritional diet can help - not just with pain relief and inflammation, but bones to grow, repair and rebuild themselves, as well as keeping joints young and flexible. Two other things that have helped, I've been throwing away for years - eggshells and chicken carcasses.  

For vegetarians and vegans, bone broth can be extracted from the exoskeleton of crustaceans, prawns, crabs, and lobsters.


No Doctor or any medical adviser ever mentioned the following words which my body desperately needed, Glucosamine, collagen, gelatin or weight bearing exercises.

I make my own Bone Broth every two weeks. Making broths from bones containing significant amounts of gristle and cartilage such as beef or pork knuckles, lean red meats, chicken feet or rib bones is very beneficial. Bone marrow has a lot of collagen and gelatin. Home-made broth can produce a highly nutritious soup containing chondroitin sulphates and Glucosamine which is an expensive supplement for arthritis and joint pain. Cartilage is helpful in treating certain joint diseases, arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.

It is also helpful in boosting the immune system function.  A diet high in Collagen can provide extra support for tendons and ligaments. Full of amino acids necessary for collagen production. The calcium, magnesium and phosphorus in bone broth help bones to grow and repair. The gelatin in bone broth protects and heals the mucosal lining of the digestive tract and helps aid in the digestion of nutrients.  

Bone Marrow is the flexible tissue in the interior of bones. In humans, red blood cells are produced by cores of bone marrow in the heads of long bones in a process known as hematopoiesis. On average, bone marrow totals 4% of the whole body mass of a human. Collagen in bone marrow can help the body rebuild itself. Increased energy, and white blood cell normalization. The cartilage from joints is the kind incorporated into bone broth. It’s useful for strengthening the bones and support joints and tendons post-partum.

Organic and free-range is best.

Glucosamine is a naturally occurring substance found in the fluid around joints. It is naturally present in animal bones, bone marrow, shellfish and fungi. Found in bones and see food exoskeletons. Glucosamine is found naturally in your body. It plays an important role in making glycosaminoglycans and glycoproteins, which are essential building blocks of many parts of your joints, including ligaments, tendons, cartilage and synovial fluid. Studies have found that glucosamine can delay the breakdown of cartilage as well as rebuild it, effectively relieves pain, swelling and stiffness in people with a chronic and debilitating condition. Its benefits have been most conclusively demonstrated for people with mild to moderate forms of osteoarthritis affecting the knee and joint pain. 

Glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate are natural substances found in and around the cells of cartilage. Glucosamine is an amino sugar that the body produces and distributes in cartilage and other connective tissue. Chondroitin sulphate is a complex carbohydrate that helps cartilage retain water. I make my own bone broth every two weeks.

I learned that appropriate exercises and eating the correct nutrition is good for bones, joints and muscles.  It helps the body's ability to absorb antioxidants. Reverse type 2 diabetes. Kill cancer cells. Prevent heart disease. Reduce bad cholesterol levels. Improves overall health.

  Collagen is the single most abundant protein in the animal kingdom, and an abundant protein found in the body. It forms connective tissues such as tendons and ligaments of vertebrate animals. It’s abundant in bone, marrow, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. Other collagen producing agents are dark green leafy vegetable. Collagen is also good for hair, skin and nails. I eat spinach, cabbage, broccoli and kale in addition to consuming Great Lakes Gelatin: Collagen Joint Care powder: Green & Orange.

Collagen makes up to a 3rd of the protein in a human body and is the most important protein in skin, tissue and bones. 
The body's natural ability to repair supporting connective tissue, bone, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, skin, hair, and nails diminishes in one's mid-twenties. 
Collagen contains amino acids such as glycine, lysine, and proline, which are important amino acids which can be used by the body to build connective tissue structures to support the function of the cells.  
Hydrolysed Collagen is the same collagen found naturally in bones, skin and cartilage. It is a bio-active product containing 90% protein and is easily assimilated by the body.   
Consuming this, my progress and recovery rate from training was much quicker.

Gelatin is a protein derived from collagen and is acquired from various animal by-products. It is a brittle, colourless, translucent, and flavourless substance. The breakdown of collagen can be found in crabs, crayfish, lobsters and shrimps exoskeletons and are used as a medical treatment to provide bone-building minerals and prevents bone loss and reduces joint pain. The breakdown of collagen in bone broths is what produces gelatin. My gelatin comes from my home-made bone broth, and gelatin joint care collagen powder.

I make my own calcium using Egg Shells -  Clinical and experimental studies show that eggshell powder has positive effects on bone and cartilage, and the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. One small teaspoon contains approximately 800-1,000 mg. of calcium. Depending on age, size and sex will depend on how much should be taken per day.

Rose-Hip Berries is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Regular consumption helps to increase mobility.  Decreases pain and improves overall mood and a significant reduction in pain, stiffness and joint inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties of rose hips are useful in the treatment of patients suffering from knee or hip arthritis. Be sure they have not been treated with herbicides or pesticides. Note: Most of the vitamin C is destroyed during the process of drying and packaging. I use Rose-hip tea when making my smoothies, aka thickies.


Whole Grains are full of Beta Glucan & Avenanthramide which can boost bone mineral density, lower blood pressure, promote healthy gut bacteria and reduce the risk of diabetes.  

Turmeric has a World of health benefits, including pain relief. I consume it cooked, as well as raw, each day. Well worth adding to your daily diet. Even curcumin, the concentration form of turmeric, is even more effective.

I'm now in control of what I consume. No preservatives - E numbers - processed foods. No nothing. Just healthy nutritional goodness. Although I do deserve a few guilty-treats (chocolate:)
http://theonlywayproductions.blogspot.co.uk/

1. Introduction. How I Have Almost Cured My Ankylosing Spondylitis, Arthritis & Other Joint Symptoms.

2. Journey / History & All Symptoms. How long I have been suffering. How it changed my life for the worse, and why I made the decision to fight back.

3. Medical Reports, and results of my X-rays, Ultra sound and MRI scans. 

4. First Year - Beginning Of Exercise Routine - Painful, Progressive & Positive.

4A. Detailed Training Program. Dozens of exercise routines, thousands of repetitions for hours each day, and the best places to do them for maximum results.

5. Nutrition Information. Diet and important supplementary products I now take daily. 

6. Testimonials from medical professionals who knew how much pain and stiffness I was in.

7. One & Two Years On. How I am winning my fight against Ankylosing Spondylitis.

http://theonlywayproductions.blogspot.co.uk/

Note. I am not a doctor. Have your say.. What's your story, opinion, problem or question? What tips can you share.


TOWP. The Only Way Productions. - tinyurl.com/towpblog

21 comments:

simonetemplar1974 said...

Hi there. Would you mind sharing your basic bone broth recipe?

TOWP said...

Sure. http://theonlywayproductions.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/how-to-make-bone-broth-healthiest.html

TOWP said...

There is only "one" image in this post. If you're not seeing any images, trying going into your browser settings and see if anything is checked that needs un-checking.

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure
of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way
of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?

TOWP said...

Most of my posts DO have images, but this post needed words to explain more than images, but very much appreciated for the feed-back Ann. onymous:)

Anonymous said...

I just like thе helpful іnformation yߋu provide ⲟn your articles.

Ӏ'll bookmark үour blog and tɑke а ⅼoοk at agaіn rigһt
hеre frequently. I ɑm quіte ѕure I will bе informed many new stuff riɡht riɡht
here! Good luck for the next!

Anonymous said...

Ԍreat informatiߋn. Ludky mе Ӏ discovered your website by accident (stumbleupon).
І һave saved іt for later!

Anonymous said...

If you desire too grow your familiarity sijmply keep visiting this web site and be updated with
the mosdt recrnt news update posted here.

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and iin accession capital to assert that I acquire actually
enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds
aand even I achievement you acces consistently quickly.

Anonymous said...

Appreciatong the dedication you putt into your site and in depoth information yyou offer.

It's gpod to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
the same outdated rehashed information. Great read!
I've saved your site and I'm addig your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I geenuinely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.
I will bee sure to bookmark your blog and definitely willl come back
someday. I want to encourage you to ultimately
contjnue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is kinda off ttopic but I was wondering whichh blog
platform are you using for thjs site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress
because I've had issues with hackers annd I'm looking at
alternatives ffor another platform. I would be
awesome if you could point me in thhe direction of a good platform.

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how aare you everybody?
Thiss paragraph posted at this website iis genuinely
nice.

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

I hav joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
Also, I have shareed yokur site in my social networks!

Anonymous said...

It's an awesome post in favor of alll the internet viewers; they will take benefit from it I
am sure.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Lookk advanced to more added aggreeable from you!
By thee way, how can wwe communicate?

Anonymous said...

I know this if off toplic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what
all iis needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a
blog llike yours would cst a prettty penny? I'm not very internet savvvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any recommendations orr advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send
you an email. I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested
in hearing. Either way, great blokg and I look
forward to seeing it expand over time.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.
I'm absolurely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both
educative and entertaining, and let me tell you,
you have hit the nail oon the head. Thhe issue is ann issue that not
enough men and women arre speaking intelligently
about. Now i'm verry happy that I came across this during my hunt ffor something
regarding this.

TOWP said...

Please, ONLY comment if you have something to contribute to this post.